What is #GivingTuesday?
Entering its fifth year, #GivingTuesday is a global day of giving fueled by the power of social media and collaboration.
Help us reach as many classrooms as possible this #GivingTuesday by donating to #GivingVoice Classroom Fund and join us as we continue to inspire great ideas, dialogue, and lives.
How can I get involved?
Donate: Give the gift of reading and critical thinking.
Any time during the year, and especially on Tuesday, November 29th, participate in the global #GivingTuesday movement by making a donation to the Great Books Foundation #GivingVoice Classroom Fund which will bring Junior Great Books programs to students, teachers, and classrooms across the United States. Help us reach as many classrooms as possible through improved reading and critical thinking.
- $5–$100 will help us towards our goal of providing programs for classrooms in need
- $500 provides one teacher with 20 hours of professional development in Shared Inquiry
- $1,500 provides 25 students with a full set of Junior Great Books materials
- $2,000 funds one classroom (20 hours of professional development for a teacher and a full set of Junior Great Books materials for 25 students)
- $5,000 provides training for one school’s staff (up to 35 teachers)
Share your story.
Throughout the rest of 2016, use social media and #GivingVoice and #GivingTuesday to share with us how Great Books has helped you find your voice and develop your love of teaching and passion for lifelong learning.
Plus, with the launch of Her Own Accord: American Women on Identity, Culture, and Community, women of all ages can join the conversation about what it means to be a woman in the United States by tweeting us your stories using #HerVoice.