Welcome to The Great Books Foundation’s Open Educational Resources page. We’re excited to provide you with resources to start or continue your practice with the Shared Inquiry™ method. You’ll find various tools to help your students expand their critical thinking, reading comprehension, and speaking and listening skills.
Use the menu on the left to access these materials by grade:
- Readings: Short, grade-appropriate texts to aid your students in adapting to the Shared Inquiry method
- Lesson Plans: Grade-appropriate texts with Shared Inquiry activities from the Teacher’s Edition and instructions on how to lead these activities with your class
- Research: Studies measuring the impact of Great Books programs on student learning
- Webinars: 90-minute archived webinars to help teachers acquire new instructional strategies and improve their Shared Inquiry leadership skills
- Videos: Excerpts of students at all grade levels engaging in Shared Inquiry discussion, plus videos for grades 4–5 and 6–8 that demonstrate additional Shared Inquiry activities found in the lesson plans