Educators know that it’s hard to find time for the professional development they really need. That’s why we have developed the On Demand Shared Inquiry Essentials Course. Now teachers can take time when it suits them to learn inquiry-based strategies that boost teaching in English language arts and across the curriculum, while acquiring the skills they need to lead Junior Great Books in the classroom.
Designed for teachers, this NEW asynchronous course prepares them to begin using the Great Books Foundation’s Shared Inquiry™ method of learning with students at all grade and ability levels. Participants will learn everything they need to know to implement Junior Great Books. They will learn:
- Questioning strategies that keep discussions lively and focused
- Activities that improve students’ reading, critical thinking, writing, and oral communication skills
- How to write interpretive questions and use follow-up questions to involve students of all ages and proficiency levels
- The many ways that interpretive activities support student learning and enable students to learn more across the curriculum
The On Demand Shared Inquiry Essentials course includes about 8 hours of self-paced instruction in the following areas:
- Introduction to Shared Inquiry
- The Shared Inquiry Sequence of Activities
- Experiencing Shared Inquiry
- Leader Preparation
- Leading Shared Inquiry discussion
- Classroom Implementation
Each unit of the course is divided into manageable segments that participants can complete whenever time allows.
Expert instructors guide participants through the units and make them feel at home.
Those who complete the asynchronous modules, required coursework, and reflection will be eligible for a Shared Inquiry Leader Badge and Certificate. Continuing education credit may also be available, subject to the approval of the governing institution.
Learn more about Great Books On-Demand Training!