Implementing Junior Great Books® in your classroom just got a lot easier! Now you can learn our method without disrupting your busy schedule by taking the new Shared Inquiry Essentials On-Demand course. You can register for this course any time, and you can take advantage of its modular design by completing the units when you have time.
The course is organized into six units, each consisting of a series of short videos with expert trainers to guide you as you learn:
- Introduction to Shared Inquiry™
- The Shared Inquiry Sequence of Activities
- Experiencing Shared Inquiry
- Leader Preparation
- Leading Shared Inquiry Discussion
- Classroom Implementation
The course is organized into six units, each composed of multiple learning modules.
Expert trainers guide you through each learning module.
Shared Inquiry Essentials On-Demand Course Description
Designed for teachers, this asynchronous course prepares you to begin using the Shared Inquiry method of learning through reading and discussion with students at all levels. Participants will:
- Learn questioning strategies that keep discussions lively and focused
- Discover strategies to improve students’ reading, critical thinking, writing, and oral communication skills
- Practice writing interpretive questions that drive student participation
- Learn how to use follow-up questions to involve students of all ages and proficiency levels
- See how interpretive activities support student learning and enable students to learn more across the curriculum
As part of the course requirements, participants will need to submit a lesson plan and classroom reflection after conducting a story unit within their classroom. Those who complete the asynchronous modules, required coursework, and reflection will be eligible for a Shared Inquiry Leader Badge and Certificate.
Welcome to the Shared Inquiry Learning Center
When you register for Shared Inquiry Essentials On-Demand course, you will have one year’s free access to our new Shared Inquiry Learning Center. In the Learning Center, you can:
- Access additional in-person, blended, and online training
- Participate in an engaged community of inquiry-based education professionals
- Take advantage of free resources, such as lesson plans, demonstration videos, and training tools to get you started using the Shared Inquiry method
- Participate in free events, including free Shared Inquiry discussions for educators
Questions? Please Reach Out
If you have any questions about the new Shared Inquiry Essentials On-Demand course or about our Shared Inquiry Learning Center, please get in touch with your Great Books K–12 partnership manager. We are eager to welcome you into the Learning Center and get you started on a journey of great professional learning and engagement with like-minded educators!